Welcome to Verulam Golf Club, home of the Ryder Cup
Our challenging par 72 course was designed by James Braid in 1905 so we are now well into our second century as a thriving members’ club situated in the heart of historic St Albans, known as Verulamium in Roman times.
We take great pride in the condition of our course and the pace and subtlety of our greens. The course is fast-draining and is rarely closed, even in winter, so you can be assured of a challenging but fair test at any time of the year.
Verulam Golf Club has a tradition steeped in the game of golf. Samuel Ryder, a wealthy St Albans seed merchant, Captain of the Club and prolific supporter of early professional golf, donated the Ryder Cup in 1926.
Verulam Golf Club is the ideal venue for any type of private or business function, to be held either during the day or evening (or both). The Club is situated just 5 minutes drive from St Albans city centre and has ample free car parking.